About the event
Book multiple places to receive £50 off Skills Summit tickets! Follow this link to register online
One of biggest challenge facing many businesses and organstions across the UK is the growing threat of a skills shortages, whilst the UK reaching maximum employment rate. Building confidence, support and opportunities.
With the UK near the bottom of Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development rankings on training, Brexit the challenges around the UK Skills shortage and both long and short term.
Join over 200 policymakers and practitioners at the seventh annual Skills Summit, the leading event for engagement between educators, employers and the government.
The Skills Summit 2017 will examine topics ranging from the Apprenticeship levy to workplace learning, providing invaluable policy updates, best practice tips and the chance to influence industry debates.
- Apprenticeships: the implementation and impact of reforms
- Devolution: the future of adult education funding
- Post-16 education and training: reforming routes to HE and employment
- Workplace L&D: leadership and self-directed learning
- Data and digital learning: how can we use information and technology more effectively?
- David Hill, Director of Apprenticeships, Department for Education
- Keith Smith, Director of Funding & Programmes, Skills Funding Agency
- Mark Dawe, Chief Executive, AELP
- John Widdowson, Principal & Chief Executive, New College Durham
- Julian Gravatt, Assistant Chief Executive, AoC
- Professor Steven West, Vice-Chancellor & President, University of the West of England & Member, The Independent Panel on Technical Education
- Phil Beach CBE, Executive Director for Vocational & Technical Qualifications, Ofqual
- Paul Eeles, Chair, Federation of Awarding Bodies
- Ian Ruff, Policy and Implementation Adviser, New Economy Manchester
- Anthony Impey, CEO, Optimity & Skills and Apprenticeships Chair, FSB
- Andy Lancaster, Head of Learning & Development Content, CIPD
- Jill Whittaker, Managing Director, HIT Training Ltd
- Laura Overton, CEO and Founder, Towards Maturity
- Rod Willis, Coaching Ourselves Programme Director, Assentire Ltd
- David Evans, Head of Consulting, Primeast
- Oula Akiki, Head of Product Development, AVADO
- Graham Hasting-Evans, Managing Director, NOCN
- Kufa Matiya, CEO, in2Ambition
- Ben Cressey, Director of Apprenticeships & Work Based Learning, Highfield
- Michael Slater, Apprenticeships Assessment Manager, Highfield
Benefits for attendees:
- Develop your understanding of the Government's skills policies
- Learn from case studies of leading skills and L&D programmes
- Build your contact base by networking with counterparts from across the UK
- Dods is a registered Continuing Professional Development provider. For more information on the CPD, please click here.